Fast MycoTOOL Test - PCR instead of Cell Culture
Mycoplasmas are a common source of contamination in biopharmaceutical production, cultivation of stem cells, and tissue engineering. The Roche MycoTOOL Mycoplasma Real-Time Kit is accepted for biopharmaceutical release testing by the FDA, EMA and further authorities for fast, easy, and reliable Mycoplasma testing.
- Detect over 140 Mollicute species
including Spiroplasma and Acholeplasma using universal primer designs
- Sensitivity you can count on
<1 CFU/ml for all validated species*
- Reproducibility you can depend on
Avoid false positives by utilizing carryover prevention with dUTP and UNG
- Time savings you can plan on
Results in a few hours instead of waiting for the outcome of a 28-day culture test
* Data published by S. M. Deutschmann et al., March 2010. Validation of a NAT-based Mycoplasma assay according European Pharmacopoiea, Biologicals, Volume 38, Issue 2, Special Section: Mycoplasma, pages 181-248.