KAPA Express Extract
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
KAPA Express Extract material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 08041253001 1000 reactions
Fast and simple extraction of DNA for short PCR workflows in combination with KAPA2G Robust or KAPA Probe Force.
DNA extraction kit includes protease mix and extraction buffer.
- Shorten the time to prepare your sample. A fast and simple protocol allows you to have the DNA PCR-ready in 15 minutes.
- Be flexible. The kit works with a variety of sample types.
- Reduce risk of contamination. Work only with single-tube reactions.
- Extraction of PCR-ready DNA from, but not limited to, the following sample types:
- Human tissue (FFPE samples; blood collected in EDTA tubes or on collection cards; buccal swabs; hair follicles; forensic samples)
- Animal samples (ear or tail clippings; hair follicles; blood; bone marrow; dried or fresh tissue from mouse and other mammals)
- Fish tissues (fin punches; fresh tissue; cold and hot smoked canned samples; ethanol-preserved samples)
- Insects (crushed)
- Bird feathers (calamus fragments)
KAPA Express Extract gives best results when used together with PCR inhibitor-resistant DNA Masters such as KAPA2G Robust HotStart ReadyMix or KAPA PROBE FORCE.
Note: KAPA Express Extract is not suitable for DNA extraction from plants; for plant PCR applications, the KAPA3G Plant PCR Kit (08 041 091 001) is recommended.
KAPA Express Extract is a thermostable protease and buffer system that allows for the extraction of PCR-ready DNA from various tissue types in as little as 15 minutes. The KAPA Express Extract system is designed for optimal tissue lysis and sample preservation. Unlike protocols that rely on proteinase K digestion, DNA extractions with KAPA Express Extract are conveniently performed in a single tube, without the need for hazardous chemicals and multiple washing steps. This greatly reduces the risk of sample loss and contamination.
For amplification of the target within the extract, the use of KAPA POBE FORCE or KAPA2G Robust enzyme or master mix is recommended. Volume activity: 1 U/μL
Tests for the presence of contaminating nucleic acids
(E.coli and related strains genomic DNA, 411 bp 16S rRNA fragment, <50 fg/µL): Corresponds to specification
(human genomic DNA, 290 bp b-actin fragment, <0.5 pg/μL): Corresponds to specification