T4 Gene 32 Protein, recombinant
recombinant from T4 phage, expressed in E. coli, solution
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
T4 Gene 32 Protein, recombinant material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 05793262103 custom fill
- T4 Gene 32 Protein, recombinant, is a DNA-binding protein specific for single-stranded DNA, which can be used to improve the outcome of reverse transcription and PCR.
- Use T4 Gene 32 Protein, recombinant, for:
- Optimization of reverse transcription and PCR (addition of T4 Gene 32 Protein to the reaction mixture can increase yield, specificity and efficiency of cDNA synthesis and DNA amplification)
- Stimulation of in vitro DNA synthesis
- Stabilization of single-stranded regions of DNA and RNA
- Sequencing of DNA with strong secondary structures
- Site-specific mutagenesis experiments using T4 DNA Ligase or T4 DNA Polymerase
- Complete digestion of DNA by restriction enzymes
Molecular weight: 35 kD
pH optimum: About 8.0
Isoelectric point: pH 5.5
Inactivation: After 20 minutes heat denaturation at +65°C the DNA binding activity is abolished. Appearance: Clear, colorless solution
Storage buffer: Tris/HCl, 20 mmol/L; NaCl, 100 mmol/L; EDTA, 1.0 mmol/L; DTT, 0.5 mmol/L; glycerol, 50% (v/v), pH approximately 8.2 at +25°C
Protein: 10.5±0.5 mg/mL
Purity (SDS Page): ≥95%
ssDNA binding (shift in gelelectrophoresis, >90% at 20 µg protein and 1 µg DNA): Corresponds to reference
Unspecific endonucleases (λDNA): Not detectable in up to 50 μg after 1 hour incubation at +37°C.
Nicking activity (pBR322 DNA): Not detectable in up to 50 μg after 1 hour incubation at +37°C.
Ribonucleases (MS2 RNA): Not detectable in up to 50 μg after 1 hour incubation at +37°C.
Single-strand specific exonucleases (M13mp9 ssDNA): Not detectable in up to 50 μg after 4 hours incubation at +37°C.
Absence of contaminating nucleic acids
(LightCycler® UniTOOL Resolight assay for detection of bacterial and fungal DNA): <1.0 genome equivalent/3 μg
(LightCycler® PCR assay for detection of human β-Globin gene): <1 gene copy/50 μg
Perormance test (LightCycler®): Corresponds to reference
Stability: At -15 to -25°C within specification range for 12 months.