from Carica papaya, 0.2 μm filtered, solution
For further processing only.
expand | collapse
Papain material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 11720422103 custom fill
Papain can be used for complete proteolytic cleavage of peptides and proteins.
Papain is a cysteine endopeptidase, hydrolyzing proteins, peptides, amides, and esters of amino acids and peptides, especially at bonds involving Arg, Lys, Glu, His, Gly and Tyr. Upon prolonged incubation, further bonds are cleaved. Papain shows also esterase and transamidase activity, and is used for peptide synthesis.
Papain is isolated from Carica papaya and is supplied as a crystalline suspension (cristals stabilized in Sodium Acetate solution).
- Increase the safety of your processes with reproducible performance and high lot-to-lot consistency.
- Minimize the risk of microbial cross-contamination in your product by very low bioburden.
- Use Papain for:
- Complete proteolytic cleavage of peptides and proteins
- Limited hydrolysis of native immunoglobulins
- Tissue dissociation (together with collagenase, esterase, trypsin)
- Solubilization of integral membrane proteins
- Production of glycopeptides from purified proteoglycans
Molecular weight: 23 kD ±2
Appearance: White suspension
pH value: 4.3-4.8
Solubility: Clear, colorless solution in water (c=12 mg/mL)
Specific activity (+25°C, BAEE): ≥16.0 U/mg protein
Protein (A280, 1%=24, standardized, measured against sodium acetat, 50 mmol/L): 12±1 mg/mL
Purity (SDS PAGE): ≥80%
Band profile based on reference lot: Corresponds to specification
Bioburden (according to DAB 10): ≤100 CFU/mL
Endotoxins: ≤100 EU/mL
Stability: At +2 to +8°C within specification range for 12 months.