human, expressed in HEK-293F, solution
For life science research only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
α-2,6-Sialyltransferase, rec. material number and pack size: Material Number Pack Size 07012250103 custom fill
α-2,6-Sialyltransferase, rec. can be used for in vitro glycoengineering of glycoproteins, e.g. therapeutic proteins.
α-2,6-Sialyltansferase, rec. is a highly active recombinant human glycosyltransferase, expressed in HEK-293F.
Benefits of using in vitro glycoengineering to modify glycosylation of therapeutic proteins:
- Time- and cost-saving generation of glycan variants to develop improved drugs
- Optimized glycosylation without compromising other CQAs or product yield
- Improved lot-to-lot consistency to reduce risk of product quality variation and resulting delays
- Generation of glycoprofiles which may not otherwise be generated
- Streamlined analytics in comparability studies
- Incubation of α-2,6-Sialyltansferase and CMP-NANA with a glycoprotein leads to increased sialylation of the glycoprotein.
As α-2,6-Sialyltansferase adds sialic acid only to galactosylated glycostructures, a galactosylation of the glycoprotein in a previous step helps to achieve higher sialylation levels. Galactosylation can be achieved by incubation of the target protein with ß-1,4-Galactosyltransferase and UDP-Galactose.
Molar mass: 40.6 kDa by cDNA
No animal-derived material is added in fermentation, purification and final formulation of this enzyme. Appearance: Clear, colorless to slightly yellowish solution
Composition: 50 mM MES, 200 mM NaCl, pH 6.0 ± 0.1 at RT
Specific activity: ≥400 U/µg
Protein concentration: 5.5 ± 0.5 mg/mL
Purity and identity: ≥90%
Bioburden: ≤100 CFU/mL (in evaluation)
Stability: At -15 to -25°C within specification range for 12 months.
78:The sale of the Product does not exhaust or grant any rights in third party patents including patents of companies of the F. Hoffmann - La Roche AG group of companies, in particular, for the use of modified antibodies obtained by using the product.